Monday, March 25

G-F Cream Puff Cake


This delicious recipe is an old standby from the recipe files of Pampered Chef, so I couldn't wait to see how it turns out GF.

I took it to the Shakespeare Faire (because they had all this stuff in the 1500's right?) and the commoners (non g-f'rs) adults loved it!

Make up a petit choix recipe (here's mine) and then spread it into a lightly greased (sprayed) pan.  Too much grease will make the edges fall.  I used a 9x13 and a smaller 4x8 pan.  I think it would spread nicely into a  12 x18 jelly roll pan. (Mindy, your momma makes this deliciously.)

Bake it for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned (This only took 25 minutes for me.)

Cool while making the filling of Grandma's Homemade Heavenly vanilla custard filling (The original recipe says add instant pudding to cream cheese, but mine was much more delicious without such a rich filling.) Spread the crust with the filling and then cover with "real" whipped cream.

I served it at the party without chocolate syrup as garnish.

But it is  DELICIOUS either way!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so good