Monday, September 21

GF Porcupines




GF Porcupine balls

1 lb ground beef (raw) I used ground turkey because I had it.

The next ingredient was one box Beef Rice-A-Roni (dry)... (NOT GF!!!)

So I substituted 1 cup uncooked white rice and thirty stalks of dry GF spagetti pasta, broken into 1/8 inch bits.

2 eggs

2 Tbs. dry onions (or fresh onions that have been diced and sauteed)
1 Tbs. beef flavored boullion (I used the GF vegetarian beef bouillon from Blue Chip)

I mixed these ingredients together and then formed balls, golf ball size.

I browned the meatballs in a non-stick skillet with a small amount of olive oil. The recipe said to drain off any excess oil, but with turkey burger, there wasn't any.

I then poured

2 1/4 cups water into the skillet

I brought it to a boil, covered it and simmered the skillet on low for 20 minutes or so, (I forgot to set the timer) just until all of the water is absorbed.

It turned out really delicious. I think it could still have stronger flavoring as I ended up serving it on a bed of spinach leaves with a splash of salsa.

2 comments:

Sabeys said...

YUM!!! I WANT THAT!

Terina Dee said...

You can't have it. Ian ate 25 out of 30 of the meatballs and they warmed up great. I'll bet you could freeze some and eat them later warmed really easy.