Friday, November 11

Fabulous GF Chebe Dinner Rolls?



First posted 1-11-11

Thanksgiving is coming and we must be ready with great g-f roll recipes under our belts so we can eat it and store it under our belts.

I made this one back in January on 1-11-11 and it is delicious, easy and fast.
So again for 11-11-11 I'm doing it.

MOM! THIS IS THE RECIPE I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT.

1 1/4 cup tapioca
2 cups shredded cheese (I use asiago)
1 tsp baking powder

2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter (half a stick)

Mix dry ingredients, mix wet then mix the two together. Form into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake at 450 8-10 minutes only! Do not overbake these.

Add whatever herbs or spices you wish, italian flavor, taco flavor, rosemary, dill, delicious!

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51000644-76/gluten-free-bread-cookies.html.csp

This article is so exciting!!!!! I wondered how I get frozen dinner rolls shipped to me? I trip to Utah twice this spring and I'm going to be bringing frozen rolls back in my luggage. You know how it is with me and TSA; Just saying, It's gonna be ugly.

P.S. further research is that manioc flour, from the yucca, is the same as tapioca starch and is also called cassava root! Final word on that is that I have tapioca, and I'm making my own.

Reality bite: Mr. Darcey heaves a huge sigh of relief.

5 comments:

HealBalanceLive said...

Have you tried making these yourself with the Chebe mix? You can order it on Amazon by the case.

http://www.amazon.com/Chebe-Bread-Original-7-5-Ounce-Bags/dp/B001ACMCNU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294844380&sr=8-2

They are quick to mix up and bake in under 15 minutes, I have to make extra when my son in law is here because he can't leave them alone and he doesn't eat gluten free!

Terina Dee said...

K, I use your quote everytime I take this to a non-gf party. It's delightful to have a recipe like this for events and parties! And we're broadening culturally!!!

Anonymous said...

ha HA finally! something so easy, even I can't mess it up. Score!
Dia

Sabeys said...

Someone gave me a new recipe:

1 egg, 1/2 c milk, 1/3 c canola oil, 1 c tapioca flour, 1/2 tsp salt.
+ 1/4 c shredded cheddar, 1/4 c. shredded parmesan. And they have you make it in a blender and then pour it into mini muffin tins. Should I try it??

Dia

Sabeys said...

Please write tapioca FLOUR, and also that you're supposed to add the seasoning BEFORE YOU COOK IT I'M GONNA KILL BRIAN.