Saturday, March 24

I Am What I Eat--Birthday Cream Puffs


Once again, easy g-f deliciousness. This is a one-flour recipe that turns out delicious every time.

last posted 9-09-09










If you watch my blog much, you know I remake food so often, but I get requests for the same recipes over and over again. I'm relabeling them as Terina's Tops.

This is one of my favorite foods of all time.

reposted from 9-08-08
In the preCD days I made creampuffs, and the standard recipe still works in gluten-freeville.

If I am to be defined by what I can eat, I picture myself as a cream puff. Soft, fluffy and sweet under a crusty, somewhat flaky, exterior. And as you will read from the recipe, like a creampuff, if I'm messed with, I'm very forgiving!

Cream Puffs (Hey, I botched this recipe and still it turned out great!)


1 cup water
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Heat together until boiling.

1 cup rice flour and 2 Tbs sugar (for sweet dough) (Unless you confuse rice flour with potato starch.)

Dump the rice flour mixture in all at once and stir over heat until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and comes together in a ball. When the mixture begins to form a ball, remove from heat and beat eggs in by hand, one at a time.

(OR BY MIXER if you have used potato starch and it is making a weird glutenous ball)

4 eggs added one at a time, beating between each additions until egg are completely incorporated into the dough. In between additions, dough may separate, but continued beating will combine the dough.

Then place by spoonsful onto a cookie sheet with space for raising and fluffing.

Bake at 425 20 minutes and then turn oven down to 350, and bake 10 minutes more.

Poke a small hole in side while cooling and then slice and fill with whipped cream or custard or chocolate pudding or tuna for sandwiches.

My aunt spreads the dough out over a cookies sheet, bakes it, covers it with pudding and coolwhip and voila! Dessert bars.

YUM! Then eat ten all by yourself! After all, it's your birthday! I DID!

1 comment:

Sabeys said...

HAHAAAA!!
Oh mom, you ARE an irritated bowel.
Hostess bloastess... teehee!
This is quite hilarious! I love it.