Nine kids hit the pool and the adults ate Scotcheroos, Chocolate strawberry tarts, Thin mint cookies, Cheesy Artichoke dip, Oklahoma Caviar, 'Lil Smokies in BBQ sauce and the piece de resistance...
Smoked Salmon = hand-smoked by an expert smoker from Flaming Gorge, UT.
Dang! I forgot to get a photo of the fish!!!!! But I'm certain that while the college guy is in Alaska, he will get plenty of salmon!
We slurped Banana Citrus Smoothies 'til we ran out of bananas, and ice.
And we gabbed and ate until we were blue in the face. What great memories. I hope he has a good a time as we did partying.
I want to thank my g-f b.f.f., Lori, for bringing the favorite dessert of the night, Scotcheroos. I had never eaten them ever in my poor, sheltered life. YUM! Now I'm sitting here finishing off the last one.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal OR Chex
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup or honey
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate morsels
- Spray a 13×9 inch metal pan with cooking spray.
- Put the cereal in a big mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat to dissolve the sugar and bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter. Pour over the cereal and stir well. Press tightly into pan.
- In a bowl set over barely simmering water or using a low setting on microwave, melt the butterscotch chips and chocolate chips together. Pour the melted chip mixture over the krispies and let chocolate cool and set. This should take a few hours. You can speed things up by refrigerating, but the bars will be a little harder to slice.
- When set, cut into squares.