Sunday, March 21

Magic GF Pudding Muffins

Pudding Muffins

The magic of instant pudding is a great addition to muffins! It also adds variation to my muffin monotony.

Here are some ideas and my already tried & tested mix-ups.




Lemon Poppyseed: Use only 2 ¼ cup of the Magnificent Muffin mix with one (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding and 1 tbs. poppy seeds. Add one extra egg with the regular liquids which are: 4 tablespoons melted butter or oil and 1 cup milk. Fill muffin cups only half full--these raise nicely.


LOW FAT REVISION: I'm going to try half a batch with less fat and so I don't end up with 24 muffins and a loaf pan full. 1 1/2 cup muffin mix, one half a package instant lemon pudding (1/4 cup), and the following wet ingredients: 1 Tbs. oil, 1 egg, 1/2 cup applesauce and enough milk to make wet ingredients equal 1 1/4 cups.


Chocolate muffins: Click there for recipe post.


Pistachio: I made these, but forgot to follow any recipe, so they botched. I wonder how they would be, but will probably wait for St. Paddys next year to try it all again. When else would you ever want green muffins?


Let me know if you have success with any other puddings and I'll add them to the list.

No comments: