Sunday, March 21

GF Corn Doggies


I know, I know. Poison on a stick, but the boys have been without corn dogs for a very long time. So today I'm attempting them.

Irony, while I was on my vacation, I was reminded by my sister that it isn't that hard. Mom made them just like this... many long years ago.

Stick a hotdog on a popsicle stick. dredge it in the dough, lay it in the hot fat and wait. Turn it over and wait more. Eat with ketchup and mustard.



Grame Terry Ann's Corndog Dough recipe (modified for GF)

1/2 cup any GF Flour Mix (I used my Pancake mix--it's complete with leavening.)
1/4 cup corn meal
1 egg
1 T oil
1/2 cup milk (more or less--add it slowly to make a thick dough.)

Stir it all up together until thick and creamy.

__________
Tints and Hips: Nice hot oil, but not too hot. As you lay the dog in, twist it lightly so all sides hit the grease and then the dog doesn't look flat and wide, but round.

Good luck. Don't eat these--except once in a decade. Something so good has got to be deadly!

1 comment:

Sabeys said...

tee hee, tints and hips!