Thursday, February 6

WOW GF PARTY!!!!


The non-GF niece Natasha--a gourmand and my official taste tester.

The GF family reunion was fabulous!!!! The food was delicious and the company was delightful. Unfortunately, amid my dashing about refilling the napkins and punchbowl, I forgot to assign an official photographer.

The fruit pizza disappeared without leaving as much as a memory of greatness. I made a regular cookie crust substituting sorghum flour and adding guar gum, then rolled it out and baked it 20 minutes. The topping was cream cheese and whip cream topped with grapes, strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges and blueberries. Delicious and beautiful!

Dia's remake:

The amaranth bread was delicious, and wonderful with cold cuts and cheese. We ate tacos and sloppy joes, and salads galore! The sister made buffalo mozzarella with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil with a vinaigrette that will long linger in my memory. (As will my sister's picture of me putting the entire thing in my mouth at once--no knives.)

All the GF food was labeled with a sticker and I was so happy to overhear my GF five-year old second-cousin, once-removed say to her mom, "Can I have a brownie with frosting?" And she responded, "If it has a sticker go for it!" (Betty Crocker, brownie and frosting).

I sampled a delicious yellow cake (a Blue Chip mix) with a vanilla pudding, cool whip topping. There was also a wonderful chocolate no-flour cake (recipe to come from my Mom,) that tasted like fudge with frosting. We GF'rs ate cookies, rice crispy treats, banana nut bread and three different variations on brownies. The most memorable had chocolate chunks, pecans and caramel drizzled over the top.

The offerings were delicious and for the twelve Gf'rs, ten potential Gf'rs, and some 100 non-Gf'rs it was wonderful!

No comments: