Monday, December 2

G-F Peppermint White Chocolate Muffins


When early-morning muffins in the morning become monotonous, I ask the kids for ideas to shake things up a little.  Today's recommendation was white chocolate peppermint.  They were good; so yum that the seminary group got off with only four because I ate two before I could drop them off.

I start with my standard muffin recipe mix:

1 1/2 cup  g-f flour mix (I use my wholegrain mix)
1/2 cup sugar (more cupcakes than muffins I'd say, but all my muffins start this way.)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon baking powder
a dash salt

No spices in this mix.

Wet ingredients mixed in a large measuring cup.

1/3 cup plain yogurt (sub. for my standard banana or pumpkin)
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 drops peppermint
1/2 tsp. vanilla
about a 1/2 cup milk (fill cup up to 1 1/2 cup liquid)

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

I bake them in mini muffin pans at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: