Saturday, November 2

Never Cook Before 8 a.m. on Saturdays

It's Saturday and my new husband is immersed in law school homework, and I'm baking Oreo Cheesecake for Halloween entertaining tonight using "our" blog site recipe. Unfortunately, Saturday mornings before 8 a m are known as the "witching hour" for baking (now, I know).

Our conversation went something like this.

Looking at the recipe...
FOUR PACKAGES?! Who has four packages of cream cheese lying around? Maybe I can use an alternative... 
Mmmmhmmm.... yeah... 
Still  looking at the recipe...
It takes SIX HOURS?! WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT?   
Trying to warm up the ingredients to room temperature prior to mixing them together--considering the armpit method...

Then another shocking realization...
AGH, the eggs go in AFTER the cream cheese is smooth... well... oh well... 
Mmmm... maybe I could take the eggs back out...
About to GIVE UP on the dumb mixing process... 
Well, at least this mess will have plenty of sugar. AHHHHH I FORGOT THE SUGAR. 
                                                                           Aaaaaand, I just overnuked the butter. 

  
Finally, when I wanted to start crying, give up and crawl into a water bath MYSELF (and just suck the batter through a straw) when the hubby pulled away from his homework and really pulled through:
Sweetheart, I will love you, even if you can't cook a perfect cheesecake.  
Awwwwww, right? I waltzed over and put my arms around his neck and cooed...

That means so much to me, dear... 
BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THIS DANG CHEESECAKE!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2 HOURS LATER

Surprise ending: the cheesecake was DELICIOUS.
 I snagged a picture before the last piece was attacked and devoured. 

No comments: