Monday, May 21

Oh My Heaven -- A G-F New York Style Cheesecake

I think this is a new one for me.  I don't remember baking a cheesecake since I've been G-F?  (Don't call me on my memory!)

To make the crust I whipped up a batch of gobsmacked's oreo cookies.   (I didn't have time when I baked it again (two days later) to bake cookies so I used Mi-Del's Arrowroot cookies crushed for the crust.)


25 g-f oreo cookie halves (without frosting) crumbled and 2 tablespoons butter mixed in.
Press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.

Mix

4 packages cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat neufchatel)
1 3/4 cup sugar

Blend together until smooth, then stir all other ingredients in by hand to avoid fluffing the mixture too much.

4 eggs beaten
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup rice flour

Pour into a butter-greased ten-inch springform pan.** Bake 1 hour at 350 and then turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven to cool.  After 2-3 hours, put the cake in the refrigerator until cold and serve with toppings of choice.

This cake was screaming for whip cream topping and strawberries and chocolate.


** It made too much batter for my 10 inch pan so I baked about a cup separately in a pyrex dish for  the last 35 minutes.  After which I left it to cool with the big one. 
.


Reality Bite:  The original non-gf recipe promised that by cooling slowly, the cake would not crack.  The other internet research I read said that cracking releases the calories.  So, I don't sweat it!  Whip Cream covers a lot! 

No comments: