Thursday, August 27

GF Ramen


Gluten Free Ramen? Yeah, I've purchased Thai Kitchen's ramen, it's easy and fast, but not college cheap. This is!


I have fond memories of the stacks of ramen beneath the dorm bed all safe in shrinkwrap and ready for eating within three minutes! My purpose was to make my daughter's and soon-to-be college bound son something that is this fast, that easy and most of all, affordable!

This packet of noodles was about two bucks. It makes four batches (big) of ramen and the other added ingredients are also inexpensive!


I break off a couple of hands full, drop it in water, enough to cover noodles, bring the pot to a boil and it's ready! I add a spoonful of chicken boullion and it's ramen. If I need a meal, I break an egg in it while it boils and have a delicious egg drop. I add shrimp, chicken or frozen veggies, g-f soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, tabasco... really anything that is in a dorm fridge would work well!

and VOILA!

Megan is right that rarely is the soy sauce in a college dorm gluten free.  So true.  Check your label.  AND,
just FYI  

The beer in a college dorm, even gluten-free isn't good in this.




I love ramen!

6 comments:

Sabeys said...

Ok, NOTHING you just mentioned would be in a normal college student's fridge. Just a thought.

Terina Dee said...

tabasco? What! Oh, maybe a guy not girl?

Anonymous said...

tabasco is a perfectly feminine condiment. i use it on almost everything.

does anyone know if ramen seasoning packets are gluten free?

Anonymous said...

Ramen seasoning packets are not gluten free. (ymmv)

Maruchan Ramen Chicken flavor packet ingredients: salt, sugar, monosodium glutemate, contains less than 1% of: maltodextrin, lactose, spcies (celery seed), hydrolyzed corn, wheat and soy protein, turmeric, natural flavors, dehydrated vegetables (garlic, onion, chive), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, vegetable oil (palm), yeast extract, powdered cooked chicken, cabbage extract.

Terina Dee said...

Thanks anon for helping with information. I wish the flavor packets were gf; that would make life easier!

Unknown said...

Soy sauce is mentioned in the original post as an add in to a gf ramen bowl. Most of us know soy sauce is made with gluten and I doubt college fridge has gluten free soy. It is available though most everywhere.