Monday, January 14

GF MUFFINS!! Phase Two

The family is entering our second muffin phase of life.  As you might have noticed, the years when I was a muffin mom passed when the eldest son (who gobbled a batch a day) moved on to college.


But with the start of a new year, the youngest son is starting early morning teen gospel study classes and so we are back to the muffin baking!  He still doesn't eat like them like the eldest did (give him a few years) but I can send them with the car pool and that way I don't end up eating them all!    


Today I ate them warm with a spot of Christmas joy given me by the neighbors melted inside.

Click here for her Cranberry Honey Butter recipe link from Taste of Home


Today's recipe was Banana Cinnamon muffins.

1 1/2 cup g-f flour  (I use my healthier flour mix)
1 tablespoon baking powder,
1 teaspoon baking soda, 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum. 
1/2 cup sugar

In a two cup measure, place 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 cup mashed banana, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice,  then fill cup up to the 2 cups line with milk. 

Mix dry and wet ingredients, then mix together and drop into mini muffin tins. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until tops spring back when touched.

No comments: