Friday, October 4

GF Pumpkin Roll

Retro Saturday--back in 2012

http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2013/11/gluten-free-pumpkin-roll-cake.html

Still delicious.  Thought I'd make it again.

I'm spending the vacation catching up on reading and one of my favorite genres are cozy mysteries and of course if they have a culinary slant, all the better.  Josi Kilpack's Pumpkin Roll is a light and easy read and best of all, full of inspiring recipes.  This recipe is inside the book (sneak peak) on Amazon.

I took her simple pumpkin roll recipe and modified it for g-f by adding 1 tsp. guar gum and swapped out the flour for a gluten-free flour mix. EASY!   (I used my healthier version of Bette Hagman's Featherlight Mix.)

 Last year Mom and I read another book by her, Blackberry Crumble by this same author and baked Cherry Chip Cookies modified from the recipe in that book.   It too was delicious.  She also has books called Lemon Tart, and one called KeyLime Pie... I'm thinking and imagining and eating.

If this recipe is not available on Amazon sneak-peak, here is another I'm trying this fall season.

http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2013/11/gluten-free-pumpkin-roll-cake.html



 Mix the batter, spread it into a jelly roll pan lined with sprayed wax or parchment paper.
 Bake then cool a minute and dump onto a powdered sugared dish towel, peel off the paper and roll up to completely cool. 30 minutes.
 Unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling.
 Roll back up without the towel.
 Wrap in plastic and finish cooling 3-6 hours in the refrigerator.
 If like me, you can't wait all that time, open early and slice and eat.


It turned out delicious!

No comments: