Tuesday, April 17

GFMultigrain Miracle Bread

G-F Multigrain Miracle Bread

Oh My GOodness! This is one of the easiest and yummiest recipes I've made and I've been through a lot of bread recipes. It came today and should definitely be on a blogsite. YUM!

Yup, I wrote that in 2007 and I can't even remember writing the note, let alone baking up the bread.

The recipe carries the footnote of Alissa H, but that doesn't help me either. It was October 2007... which -- you guess it --doesn't help.

I still remember... nothing.

Nothing.

No memory tweek, no flash or insight. Nothing. And I thought being\going GF would cure my memory.

Anyway, here is another good bread recipe that I made yesterday... since I must have already done it once, and obviously  really, really liked it.


GF Multigrain Miracle Bread


1/2 c brown rice flour
1/2 c sorghum flour
1/4 c amaranth flour
1/4 c tapioca starch
1/4 c cornstarch or arrowroot starch
1/4 c flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)
1 Tbsp xanthan gum
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp salt -----
2 eggs 2 egg whites
1 c water, room temp
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 200F.

Sift all dry ingredients together into a medium bowl. Stir in flax meal and combine wet ingredients in separate large bowl using a handmixer on low or medium speed. When fully combined, slowly add dry ingredient mixture and mix until fully blended, with no lumps. Mix on high three minutes scraping sides regularly. Grease a 9x5" bread pan, and pour the dough into the pan.

***Turn off the oven*** and immediately place the pan in it.

Do not open the door again, if possible.

Allow the dough to rise for 90 minutes. It should rise to the very top of the pan. Turn oven on to 350F and bake for approximately 40 minutes.

The crust should be golden-brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing it from the pan to finish cooling.
Do not slice until the bread is no longer hot. This loaf does not need to be frozen, but if there are leftovers after a few days, place slices in airtight bags and freeze.


Alissa swears this is the only bread she bakes now, so it must be good and if we ever have any trust to rely on my word... I too loved it, once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipe lists '2 eggs 2 egg whites'. Should that be 2 eggs AND 2 egg whites or 2 eggs OR 2 egg whites?

Terina Dee said...

I believe that this was eggs and egg whites, both. It's been a while since i made this loaf, but typically gf breads are high in eggs, my other loaves take three or more.