It's spring and lemons are the topic of my pinterest. I've discovered a delightful kitchen degreasing cleanser from lemon or orange peels soaked in vinegar and a Lemon Pudding Cake g-f adaptation is on the menu!
THIS Recipe Ended Up Gritty using Better Batter brand flour. Try it using your favorite G-F Flour and I will too. See if we can fix that.
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare water bath for baking by setting baking dish (es) into a larger cake pan half filled with water.
Whisk together and set aside:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup g-f flour, spooned and leveled ( I tried Better Batter's flour blend--results turned gritty when cooled.)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced and warmed to room temperature,
- Then whisk in:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
In a stand mixer, beat
3 Egg Whites with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Until stiff peaks form, two to three minutes. Then fold gently into the lemon-sugar mixture and pour into baking dishes.
- 3 teaspoons turbinado or some other coarse sugar ( I used dried brown sugar)
Spoon into baking dish (ramekins would be better to serve individually and hot) and place in water bath that just reaches half-way up the baking dish. Bake until tops are golden brown, 40-45 minutes.