Sunday, December 4

GF Italian Lentil Casserole


Simple, one-pan casseroles are just the thing for Holiday busi-ness. This one was brought to the GF Potluck by my good friend Lori, and it was so delicious that this morning I couldn't wait for her to get home from church to get the recipe. I had to hunt up and revise recipes found on food.com and recipe.com. I combine two or three and came up with this.

3/4 cup lentils
1 cup brown rice
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder

I added 1 cup cooked Italian sausage.

1 cup cheddar cheese grated

In a 9x13 pan, add all ingredients and then stir. Cover with foil and bake at 300 for 1 hour 10 ten minutes. Remove foil, add cheese and bake another 20 minutes.

Even young Mr. Darcey liked this dish and the easy prep. makes it a keeper on the holiday recipe list.


No comments: