Sunday, October 3

Hot Pasta for Fall


I don't know what I like best, soup or hot pasta for fall. Today it's pasta with shrimp and veggies.

Grab whatever veggies you have in the fridge, julienne carrots, zucchini, broccoli and toss it all in with the pasta while it boils. Pull the shrimp out of the freezer (we're landlocked here in the midwest) and toss it in to cook and turn pink after everything else is nearly al'dente.

I prepped the sauce while everything finished, water, a scoop of my favorite cream soup mix, (can be made GF/CF) a dash of garlic and lemon pepper and a spoonful of rice flour to thicken. (using rice flour to thicken will not make lumps, even if you sprinkle it in dry--so much better than "glu-tened flour).

I drained the pasta/mire poix mix in a colander and added the sauce. WOW! Easy and delicious. I served it with focaccia bread.

No comments: