Wednesday, May 23

G-F Onion Soup Mix Recipe

Ever need a good old package of onion soup mix since Lipton added barley to their recipe? Here is how to mix your own without fear of contamination.

This onion soup packet recipe came from Robin Rosenblum in the DC Celiac's list serve. There is so many instances when I need info or a recipe and the DCCeliac's forum has been a life saver for me. I appreciate the group for their insight and dedication to helping those with this disease.


Recipe = 1 envelope onion soup mix 
1 tsp. instant beef bouillon granules (She uses Herb Ox , which is GF) 
 8 tsp dried minced onion, 
 1 tsp. onion powder, 
1 teaspoon celery salt (Faye used bon appétit seasoning, but she couldn’t find it, and looked up its ingredients – this was a good substitution)
I'm reminded of a recipe I used often in the pre-celiac days. Now I can make it again just in time for fall! For a great fall recipe, dump cubed meat, cut potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot. Pour over a packet of onion soup mix and turn it on low all day. Come home, stir it up, add a can of corn and you have a delicious, easy pot of stew. What could be better?



No comments: