Thursday, May 27

GF Baby Shower


It's a baby shower for a friend--and we're doing it as a couples party. Both the husband and wife are G-F. In fact, that is part of the reason why we are celebrating! He is celiac positive and she tested out with the gluten sensitive genes. They went on the diet last year, felt the improved benefit, and then as an added benefit of health, they got pregnant!

I know there is a book or article I've read years ago that was titled, "Go GF, Get Pregnant," and it seems to have worked nicely for them.

Anyway, back to the shower... I'm surfing the net for ideas as it's been years since I visited the baby shower scene. I'm leaning toward a rubber ducky theme in pinks and yellows. I'm hunting up centerpiece ideas and struggling to come up with theme'd party favors and decor. I'm thinking the guys will participate in a rubber ducky derby in the swimming pool, rather than my husband's idea, Paintball the Dolly.

I'm falling back on the standard party food, hors d'oeuvres that are all fingerfoods and simple. Chicken salad in tortilla scoops, a veggie and fruit tray, with a hummus, a spinach and artichoke dip with ranch and guacomole dip, crackers and to follow the dip theme, olivada and bread stick chips (not bagel chips--GF bagels are still to precious to let go stale!).

Dessert: cream-filled devils food cupcakes, and petite cream puffs and my GF mainstay, Gobsmacked's GF oreos!

It will be delicious. Away we go!!!!

No comments: