Tuesday, June 26

Jicama Summer Salad

First posted 7-19-09

I'm back in the summer house--potlucking at parties and roaming the internet for salad recipes when one of my own pops up.  Wow!  I'd forgotten I even made it once, so for a new taste sensation (forgetfulness isn't all bad) I'm making it again.  I'm sure it's still just as delicious.  
GF Salad? Jicama, grape, blueberry, cucumber, spinach, and the occasional cherry? What do these have in common? They happened to all be in my refrigerator when I needed a salad for a potluck.

Surprise! It was delicious!

1/4 of a large jicama julienne peeled and sliced
1 large cucumber seeded and diced
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup red grapes split
1 cup green grapes cut in half
handful of baby spinach

5 cherries depitted (just because-optional)

Juice of one lemon and about a cup of raspberry vinaigrette. Delicious.



No comments: