Wednesday, February 4

Breakfast Strata


Yum! The Snowman Blitz Brunch for my church group was delicious! We enjoyed many selections of casseroles and biscuits, all made gluten-free. (And no one could tell.) Here a few selections:

Ham and Cheese Strata

4 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup GF baking mix (Bob's was recommended, but I just used equal measures of my pancake mix)
1/4 cup favorite oil
2 cups milk

2 cups diced ham
1/3 cup diced onion
1 cup grated swiss or cheddar cheese


Scatter ham and onion with cheese in the bottom of a 8x8 greased pan, Mix and pour other ingredients over and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until set and browned nicely on top. (double batch took 40-50 minutes)
I doubled the batch to fit into a oversized 9x13. I baked it half way the night before and finished it the next morning. It was delicious.

I ate it for days afterward--probably not a good habit to get into. I'm fatter, but happier!

No comments: