Monday, May 25

G-F White Chicken Chili & GF Mission Tortillas



Boil the heck outta the roteisserie chicken carcass and throw in some beans and have a delicious chicken chili amidst all the water falling, running, rolling and draining across Oklahoma tonight.


Image result for tajinSaute in 1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1 jalapeno minced

1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning ( chili and lime seasoning--my new favorite--we'll talk more later about this marvel.)
1 tablespoon cumin

4 cups chicken broth (Use the liquid from the boiled chicken)
1/4 cup cilantro fresh chopped

2 14 oz. cans white beans
1 rotesserie chicken deboned and choppedYES!  I'm serving it with GF Tortillas that I love.  These have to be purchased in the West as they are not yet available anywhere else.  They are as close to the real thing as I can find ($4.88 Walmart Neighborhood Market) and so I had a bunch flown in (with the daughter from Utah).  They fold nicely, freeze great, heat well and are delicious.


To reduce your potential flood damage, you should raise your furnace, water heater and electric panel if they are in areas of your home that may be flooded.
I thought we were ready for salad season.  With 14 inches of rain this month, I guess soup's still on for a while yet.










Photo courtesy of OkCity Channel 9 news

No comments: