Monday, November 15

Orange-Cranberry Muffins



Can I use my standard G-F Standard muffin recipe?  NAH, I'm coconut flour baking again and anytime I mess with coconut flour, I always make trouble.  But I found the coconut flour at COSTCO (favorite store) for a ridiculous price, (less than two bucks a pound,) so I am obligated to start baking with it.

Stir dry ingredients well.

3/4 cup g-f flour ( I used my healthier wholegrain flour mix)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (half of usual, as I'm using Rumsfords and it's reacting!)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
dash salt
1/2 tsp. guar gum

Stir in fresh or frozen cranberries (cut in half)

Mix wet ingredients in a two cup measure.

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup oil  (may use coconut oil)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. orange extract
Add orange juice up to the two cup mark

April 2010 retro

No comments: