Thursday, April 14

GF Formaggio Pane Leggero Light Fluffy Cheese Bread of)

I love, love, love Gluten free Gobsmacked's recipe for Brazilian Pao de Queijo and not just for the rhythm and rhyme of the title.

I make it so often because it's fast and easy, but it is also nutritionless. So with my Spring resolution for better food health, I reworked the recipe for our food style and renamed it for the Italian seasonings.

Success! So today, it's served with whole-grain pasta and marinara:

1 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup of a healthier whole grain flour (I used my wholegrain flour mix)
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. italian spices
2 cups italian cheese (half romano, half parmesean)

1/4 cup olive oil
2 eggs

Baked at 450 for 8 minutes.

The finished texture was more flaky and less gummy and I was absolutely careful not to overbake. The very minute the top stopped steaming, I took them out so they wouldn't become too dry.

And the second day, ten seconds in the microwave made them again deliciouso!

No comments: