Tuesday, February 4

Cheezy Potato Spinach Casserole

A delicious way to use up the leftover mashed potatoes from Valentines... uh, Christmas... uh Thanksgiving? Hey, this recipe test has been sitting in my draft file for a really long time.  Glad I finally tried it.  It's a keeper.

10 potatoes cooked and mashed
10 oz. frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used plain yogurt)
1 cup cheddar cheese (divided in half)
Salt and pepper to taste (my autocondimentor likes        all his pretty salty--that's what he gets.)

Stir it all up together,reserving half of the cheese for the top.  Place in a greased 2 qt. casserole, top with cheese, Bake at 350 15-25 minutes (depending on the heat of your potatoes to start).  Mine were refrigerated leftovers (No not from Thanksgiving) and so I heated them first in the dutch oven on the stovetop.

Reality Bite:  Autocondimentor extraordinaire, Terry Pratchett, you are a literary monument.


No comments: