Friday, March 15

GF Cherry Coffee Cake

This is a coffee cake recipe initially from Betty Crocker utilizing Bisquick.  I don't like to eat the empty calories and preservatives in that mix, and I also avoid it due to the cost.  So, I made my own and it turned out quite well.






Mix with a mixer:

1 1/2 cup g-f flour (I used my healthier featherlight mix)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar

ADD


4 tablespoons cold butter (chopped)

Blend just until peasized lumps form.


Blend wet ingredients together
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Add to dry mix and blend well.

Next time changes, I will try a little less liquid so it is less runny and doesn't have to bake 45 minutes.  

Spread 2/3 of the mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.











Pour 1/2 of a 21 oz. can of berry pie filling  over the dough and drop the last 1/3 of the mixture atop the fruit.

Bake @ 350 for 45-50 minutes until lightly browned and a knife in the center comes out fairly clean.

Frost when it's cool with a glaze of powdered sugar and milk.



No comments: