Thursday, June 20

G-F Spinach Balls

AAGGGGHHHHHHH!   I finally baked these and forgot to take a photograph AGAIN!!!!    We ate the whole batch but four and Mr. Darcey ate them for breakfast.  They were delicious.

Reality Bite:  Making a half batch works out great when you have forgotten to take a photo--and you are all alone and don't have to share.  

posted first on 2-8-12

Yum dish, I don't have time to make this, but I wanted to post the recipe.  I ate these first at my sister-in-law's bridal shower at least ten years ago, and it has taken me this long to post the recipe?  I've made it often, but never taken a photo, so until I do... here's the recipe!

2 10 oz. boxes frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
3 cups g-f bread crumbs
1 cup parmesan
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup melted butter
4 green onions chopped
6 eggs  (mine were so large that I had to add extra crumbs so I could form balls.)
dash nutmeg

Mix all together and form 1 1/2 inch balls, freeze or bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes and serve with sauce.  You can freeze them raw and pull them out and bake them the day of the party.



Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 cup spiced mustard (like grey poupon)
1/2 cup honey
2 egg yolks

Mix together and stir in the yolks, heat until thick stirring often, cover and chill.  Dip makes the dish delish.

No comments: