Monday, November 14

GF Orange Rolls


GF Orange Rolls?

This morning - for the next party--Hey!

Parties are no longer my fault! Today's party is a church mix-n-mingle (designed to help shut-ins visit).

So, I modified the cinnamon roll recipe and made orange rolls.




2 T. orange zest (grated orange peel not the white)
1/2 cup sugar

1 recipe of g-f bread dough mixed up

I patted out half of the dough between greased
plastic wrap. I peeled the top layer off and sprinkled on the orange sugar mixture.


I used the plastic wrap to roll the dough over and over. I cut the dough in sections, plopped it into greased muffin pans and set it to raise.

I baked it at 350 for 12-15 minutes. (interior temperature of 190) Then frosted the rolls with glaze while hot.


Glaze

1 tsp. orange flavoring
2 tbs. milk
1 tbs. butter
1 cup powdered sugar

Stir up and drizzle over warm rolls.



Reality Bite: So, the rolls don't raise and you remember that you forgot the yeast, and you dump the rolls back into the mixer bowl, and then mix the yeast in and then put the rolls back into the pan, and leave them to raise, then bake them 12-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It's a pleasant surprise when they turn out delicious. And all is again, well with the world. It's reality.



No comments: