Thursday, March 31

GF Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

Spring has sprung and with it, the waistline of the Mr. Darcey. He is biking to work (30 miles) and training for a marathon in April, but he still insists that I must stop baking.

Yeah, right. Stop?

So today's recipe: I was shooting for a chewy oatmeal cookie. I think I got close, but after taste testing five, I took a break and popped the top button.

There is no cookie perfection like a warm cookie right from the oven.



Chewy Oatmeal cookies

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs

1 cup gf oatmeal
3 cups buckwheat flour
2 tsps. xanthan gum
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

I creamed the butter and sugars then added the egg. I blended flours and added it with the oatmeal. I waited ten minutes for the oatmeal to absorb before I decided that the dough was thick enough. I scooped balls and flattened them, then baked them at 375 for 15 minutes--until just toasty on top and still soft in the centers.

I am still pleased with the results of buckwheat flour. I'll pack a dozen up and take them to the Bunko party. (Less for Mr. Darcey to resist!)


And in the future, I think I'll halve the flour and (despite the expense of GF oatmeal) I'll double the oatmeal.




No comments: