Monday, December 13

Holiday Eating

Went to a company dinner last night at the Brasserie Restaurant. They assured me that they know gluten-free. It's a really expensive restaurant, so...

This morning I'm wondering, "When did expensive equate with informed?"

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The salad came without croutons, and without that deep fried chunk of battered mozzarella that accompanied every one else's, so I thought, "Wow, they know."

Then the dinner came, the petite sirloin atop a bed of pommes frites--coated french fries, I'm certain deep fried in the same pot as the battered mozzarella ball. Curse the French!

I didn't eat the fries, but I did eat the sirloin off the top. And this morning I wonder if the shooting pains in my abdomen are just sympathy pains for my own stupidity?

Well, we'll see if I sleep the day away...

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Totally my own fault.

Don't Ask? Dumb Bell!

1 comment:

Terina Dee said...

Yup, when I called the restaurant this morning they admitted that they fry everything together, the battered calamari, the battered cheese balls and the "gluten-free" fries.

When your gut says, "Ask and Don't Eat," make sure you listen!

Or listen to it gurgle later!