Monday, June 10

Italian Quinoa Veggie Salad


Made this for the g-f party last night and again it was most successful.  Eat up.
I used light blasamic vinaigrette, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, olives, cucumber and green onion in this batch.  Tasty again!


last posted 5-30-10

It's summer and time for salads 'cause it's too hot to cook in Tulsa!!! We're headed to Arkansas to a bbq for Memorial Day and this salad was on the requested list. I've made this salad before, but couldn't find it on my blog site (You know you've blogged to much when... the author can't even find the recipe!)

Steam some quinoa. To do this: 1 1/2 cups quinoa in 1 1/2 cups water (This method was in the rice cooker, not on the stove).

Chop up a mire poix (mixture) of veggies

1 cup black beans (canned or boiled and drained. I cooked these in the crockpot on high for four hours to minimize heating up the kitchen.)
1 cup broccoli, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup cauliflower, diced
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup of a combination of red/yellow/orange peppers
2 tbs. minced onion
1 clove garlic (1/4 tsp. dry garlic)

1 cup Italian dressing (I used Fit&Active's fat-free Italian)

I refrigerated this overnight to fully marinate. It's delicious!


We ate this salad with the best zucchini medley I have tasted in recent memory (recipe to come) and a dish of delicious sauerkraut salad. A veritable BBQ feast! Thanks, Jenna, Jason, Shauna and Alan. I appreciate relatives who go to the trouble of feeding and entertaining our family -- all gluten-free.

No comments: