Tuesday, November 3

Crunchy Caramel Corn

Fall, the perfect time to make crunchy caramel corn. This is Grandma's recipe and it is delicious. (In spite of being a little unfocused.) It is made more gourmet by the use of Bob's Red Mill White popcorn. It's worth every dime for the tender kernels and lack of tough hulls.
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup

Mix these ingredients and stir while bringing to a soft boil.
Immediately take off the heat and add 1 tsp. baking soda.
Stir until frothy, pour over about 8 cups popped corn. Turn out onto a cookie sheet, bake at 300 for about an hour, stirring and breaking apart.

I made it with half the butter and it was just as delicious. I'm certain that the refined tongues would be able to tell the difference, but not me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Terina! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry about the missing link for my GF pizza, here it is: http://blissfulchaos6.blogspot.com/2009/06/pizza-par-tay.html. I've tried adding a search button before, but for some reason it won't work on my blog, not sure why? Ahh, the joys of blogging bugs :o).