Saturday, September 12

Pesto Pasta


Sometimes we limit ourselves to this dish whenever there is fresh basil in the backyard. Now, have it anytime 'cause this one is made with spinach.

Believe it or not, my boys will eat this stuff if I serve it with pre-grilled chicken chunks--and if I call it HULK SPAGETTI.

I have also included a link to the best recipe for GF pasta ever, Michael Fusco a top chef from Tulsa has perfected the making of GF pasta. He is a celiac (pure motivation when you have skin in the game).


2 cups raw spinach
1/4 cup pine nuts (a pulse) I keep these in the freezer and just toss out a few into this dish. One package seems to last forever.
2 TBS olive oil
1 clove garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Grind these all together in blender - if it's cold, it kinda balls up. Then add it to hot pasta, warmed chicken chunks and serve.



No comments: