Saturday, September 12

HOT POCKET Wrap Bread

I'm reposting the wrap bread recipe because for the last two tries, my new mix isn't working for me! It doesn't make enough to roll out onto my standard cookies sheet. I don't know what's wrong?
I'm back to the original brown rice, tapioca flour recipe. Here it is the original, untampered with by me.



1 cup of (the original recipe used only one basic flour, either brown rice or sorghum--I've been using my whole-grain GF flour mix)
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
2 t. guar (xanthum) gum
1/2 tsp salt

1/3 to 3/4 cup warm water (depending on your city's humidity level)
2 tsp. cider vinegar
2 eggs
2 T. olive oil - I used butter today

Blend dry and wet ingredients separately. Add together and mix on high for 3 1/2 minutes til light and fluffy. The dough should make a light dough, neither stiff nor runny.

I rolled it out onto a greased, regular sized cookie sheet (11x17) using a flat-sided glass atop a layer of greased plastic wrap. I then let it raise for 20 minutes. I baked it at 425 for only 5 to 7 minutes and let it cool only two minutes. I then cut it or rolled it and wrapped it in plastic. It is delicious and it seems to last days on the shelf.

Or it would, if I didn't have teenagers who love this stuff!

My daughter rolled a slice of it with ham and cheese and nuked it for 20 seconds and cried, "HOT POCKET, MOM!" She couldn't have been happier.

No comments: