Saturday, May 30

Broccoli Craisin Salad

It's summer in Oklahoma and despite the dry reputation of the dustbowl, I'm living in the green zone.  The sultry nights are already squalking with night frogs and already in May, it's too warm to sleep with the windows open.  

All of this makes the body crave cold.  Salad are satisfying, so today I made three.  I shuffled through the recipes and discovered that I have this same salad on four separate recipe cards, so the year I discovered it must have been a good one.  If you haven't tried it, it's delicious.

1 large bunch broccoli (stems peeled and chopped small too)
1/2 medium red onion diced 
1 cup cashews or sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dry cranberries

1/2 lb bacon cooked, crumbled ( optional, but I use a 1/4 cup of Hormels - I hate frying bacon!)

1 cups salad dressing (I use half that much)
1 T. vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

Combine it all and refrigerate.  

No comments: