Thursday, January 15

7 Grain Millet Bread Recipe




Bette's Original Millet Bread

1 cup millet flour

1 cup potato flour

1 cup tapioca starch

2 1/4 teaspoon xanthun gum

1 1/2 teaspoon egg replacer

1 1/2 teaspoon gelatin

1/3 cup dry milk powder

2 Tablespoons of sugar

2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon each of these grains: oatmeal, millet, teff, and these seeds: flax, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and caroway seeds.

2 eggs

1 cup warm water

1/4 cup canola oil

1 tsp cider vinegar

SPONGE first: I combine the yeast with the sugar, water and a cup of the flour mixture and set aside for ten minutes. Then I add the eggs, oil and vinegar and add this mixture to the remaining flour. Add ¼ cup more warm water if the mixture is too thick. Mix on high for five minutes.

I greased a 12x3" stone French bread pan, and poured the dough into the pan and sprinkled oatmeal and caraway seeds on the top of the loaf. I allowed the dough to rise for 40 minutes. It raised to the very top of the pan. I preheated the oven to 450F and baked for approximately 10 minutes to start. I turned down the oven to 350 and baked the loaf a further 30 minutes. The crust was golden-brown. I allowed to cool slightly then removed it
from the pan to finish cooling. I did not slice until the bread was cool.

No comments: