Thursday, February 28

GF Marvelous Meatless Meatballs

Last posted on 9-18-08.  Reposted to please the daughter who can't find it on her own blog site.  Really?  We need to rework this site... sometime, when I'm free.   HA!

My own original gluten-filled recipe altered from back in the day:

2 c. crushed gf cracker crumbs,
(today I used bread crumbs and added 1 tsp salt)
4 eggs
1 c. finely chopped walnuts,
 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
2 Tablespoons brown rice bran or rice flour,
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tablespoon minced dry onion
1 c. shredded cheese, (I used motzerella today)
 3 T. oil for frying


Mix ingredients, form into balls or patties. Fry in oil, searing outer edges. Cover in preferred sauce, barbecue, spaghetti, creamy gravy, or tomato. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes until heated through.

We ate it with spaghetti sauce and fresh parmesan.

The mixture keeps in the fridge for days and freezes after frying very nicely.

1 comment:

Terina Dee said...

When we skyped today, I watched the two newlyweds gobble up these. They truly must be delicious to people other than me!