Tuesday, July 16

GF Honduran Party Salsa

I thought I was posting my sister-in-law's fabulous straight-from-Honduras salsa recipe.  Turns out she admitted at the last family party that she ripped it off the Pioneer Woman site but didn't have all the myriad of ingredients so she totally winged it.  So much for thinking it was authentic south-of-the-border.    (Forgive the photo, remember I'm living the summertime providential life.)

To be authentic, It would have to be re-titled, "Sis-in-Law's Still-absolutely-delicious Blender Salsa

1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
1/4 of a regular yellow onion
1 scoop of minced garlic about a 1/4 tsp. 
1 scoop of bottled jalapeno about one whole deseeded.
some fresh cilantro- to taste
salt- 1/2 tsp
pepper-1/4 tsp
cumin- 1/4 tsp
red pepper flakes 1/4 teaspoon (add more if it doesn't blast your tongue enough)

puree all in a blender

YUM!


I wish it were a more difficult recipe, as Thomas Paine says in his essays, "The American Crisis",  "What we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly."   (Can you tell I'm ratcheting up to mentor America's Key of Liberty in the fall?)    

Reality Bite:  Still a week later, I'm slurping up salsa on eggs, on chips, on crackers.  This one is delicious.  

No comments: