Friday, April 20

G-F Breaded Fish Sticks

G-F Breaded/Baked Fish Sticks
(serves 2 or just me)  (Whew, am I full!)

Boneless skinless tilapia fillets (I used 2 frozen)

1/2 cup g-f flour  -- I used my healthy featherlight mix, but any g-f flour should work as well.
salt and pepper

1 egg, beaten

1 cup g-f bread crumbs

Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Cut the fish fillets into fish-stick-sized pieces--about finger width.

Place the flour/salt, egg, and bread crumbs, in individual small bowls. Add a dash of salt and pepper to the flour and mix well.

Dip each  piece into the flour, then drop into the beaten egg, and then lift out and roll in the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet.  Bake about 10-12 minutes until light brown and crispy.
I ate the whole batch with a squirt of fresh lemon and the following sauce.

Tartar Sauce

1/4 c. mayonnaise
a dash of onion powder
1 squirt of dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of dill pickle relish (or chop a couple pickles very finely)

Mix everything in a bowl and serve.

Reality Bite:  Too bad I was home alone, because too much food always means I'm going to feel it in the morning.  Still--tonight I'm a very happy girl.

No comments: