Friday, November 26

GF Cranberry Nut Cookies


Cranberry Nut Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs

1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan/guar gum
1/4 cup flax meal (optional, but healthy!)
2 1/2 cups GF flour (I used my wholegrain GF flour mix.)

Okay, you found me out. It's the same basic recipe for my chocolate chip cookies, but if it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it. And, it ain't broke. YUM!

Cream the cold butter and sugars until fluffy and add eggs one by one. (My one gourmet cooking class gave reason for this. "Blend until each molecule of sugar is coated with butter and then, when the sugar bursts at hot temperatures in the oven it makes the cookie leven!) Don't worry, it's never gotten off the ground for me.

Add the dry ingredients and blend. Fold in dry cranberries and nuts at the end. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.



No comments: