Tuesday, January 26

Pancrepes

Original Spinach Recipe:

1/2 cup brown rice flour (I wonder if almond flour would be good? I haven't even made it and I'm modifying)
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup ground flax seeds (meal)
1/4 cup spinach leaves (I used 1/2 cup of a green Spinach Veggie Smoothie)
2 Tablespoons finely grated carrots (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic or one clove minced
a dash of cayenne
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp fennel
1/2 tsp xanthun gum
1 to 1 1/2 cup warm water


Place all this in your blender and blend on high adding water slowly until it reaches the right consistency to pour flat onto a skillet/griddle. Flip when the top looks dry. Makes 5 or 6 eight inch crepes.

Delicious when rolled with ham/cheese, a dab of mayo and served with cucumbers. The boys think they will like it better without the fennel.

FYI, no F My I: Next time I'm going to try it without the xanthun gum and increase the eggs, then reduce the liquid.

Alternate substitution recommendations: Tomato Basil: sundried tomatoes, basil and oregano

No comments: