Monday, April 6

Southern Cheesy Grits

Reposted from 2009

Okay, I'm balancing green smoothy vs. oreo cookie and just when I figure the scales of health thing kinda balances out, I tip the scales with cheese grits.

These taste absolutely great and may alleviate the doubt of those from the North who just can't understand the Southern tradition of Grits. Never again will I look dubiously as Waynel tells me, "Ah, girl, you are in Oklahoma, you gotta eat grits," because her grits recipe is delicious!

3 cups boiling water
3/4 cup grits (I used Walmart's GV brand)

combine these two and boil 5-7 minutes. Pour over the following ingredients.

1 can (4 oz.) green chilis
2 eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I'm looking for the recipe... I set it down somewhere....)

Stir and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for about an hour at 350 and serve warm. It's a little slice of Southern heaven.

I recommend that you double the batch if you are taking it to a GF Potluck.  It went fast!  

No comments: