Friday, June 7

Dental Complications of CD

Bad Baby Teeth?  Could be CD

As most of you know, I have so many close family with this disease that they are my lab rats.  We have been the source of celiac studies and the family are my go-to-kids for my own celiac surveys on more than one occasion.  So in this situation, proof positive is my dear sisters five children who were all born with defective enamel--my emperical evidence of this situation.  By about two years old, the children have to be refit with new teeth.  Thank goodness for the science of dentistry.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/conditions/tooth-damage-may-be-a-sign-of-celiac-disease-dentists-told/article12346685/?cmpid=rss1

first posted 8-24-09   New information:  Tooth Damage May Be A Sign of CD


Dental problems increase with CD - August 2009 article. Image complements of the AMA

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19687752?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

No comments: