Saturday, July 18

Lasagna GF YUM

Can I make GF Lasagna? Of course! It's delicious and easy with my favorite noodles. NO BOILING FIRST! I love these noodles!!!!
My nonGF family loves this noodle - it's virtually indistinguishable and easier than conventional.
To make lasagna GF, simply substitute GF noodles. Do it your way and enjoy. Mix up your own lasagna fixins, as simple as a bottle of sauce or as complicated as the Mom-in-Law's simmer for days, triple cheese recipe.

Here's my way (okay the Mom-in-Law's--really Betty Crocker's cookbook originally).

Fry italian sausage (I use TVP or hamburger--she uses spinach) drain and add
1 big can diced tomatoes (I used two 15 oz'rs)
1 can tomato paste
1 cup water
1 tsp. sweet basil
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp. salt

Simmer til all melds together 30 minutes-- or if you forget like me, on low a couple hours.

Mix together 3 cups ricotta cheese (I used cottage)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs
2 Tbs. parsley

Slice
1 lb. motzerella sliced

Layer in a pan, first a scoop of sauce on the bottom (no bake GF noodles need some sauce to absorb on the bottom of the pan-oh, 9x13 pan.)

Place a layer of noodles in next and top with a layer of cheese mixture. Layer motzerella on top and repeat whole process again.

Bake at 350 45 to 60 minutes. It always seems to take longer--as the children are sitting in front of the oven salivating the whole time. If you stick a butter knife into the middle and the noodles are not softened, keep baking.

1 comment:

Dia said...

Heh, heh, if you're in a REAL hurry, you can use pre-cooked ground beef and Prego sauce from a can, and then tell everyone to eat around the hardest noodles... Or, like Brian suggested, turn on the oven for 425*. Hey, 350 for 45 minutes, 425 for 30, right?? :P ha ha.