Wednesday, January 28

Chocolate Sundae Brownies



GF Chocolate Sundae Brownies? Wow! I just made a batch -- it is the most magnificent dessert! And it says it's low fat! I am eating as I type one-handed!

My sister (another one from all the other ones) pulled this one off the internet. She needed party food and from cooks.com she decided to modify it for GF by using Bette Hagman's (praise be her name) GF flour blend. She doubled the batch and made it in a 9x13 pan. Worked Great!

I made mine a single batch using my whole-grain flour blend in an 8x8, so it seems this recipe is very forgiving.

Brownie Fudge Sundae
revised for gluten-free by KaReen

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix

1 cup gf flour
1 tsp. xanthun or guar-gum
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine with the next three wet ingredients, mixing well.

1/2 c. skim milk or coconut milk
1/4 c. applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla

Spoon and spread dough into a greased 8x8 pan
Whisk together the following and pour over the dough.

3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 3/4 c. hot water
1 T. corn starch
1 tsp. vanilla

Bake for 40-45 min. Remove cake from oven and cool in pan. When served hot with ice cream it is like a brownie with hot fudge. After it cools it is more of a rich chocolate pudding with brownie on top.

When I poured the liquid over the dough, I thought, "Well, here I go again, 'baking without a parachute' and once again, I'm going to land with a splat." But, not this time! It turned out delightful, delicious and delovely.

No comments: