Thursday, September 15

Incredible Hulk Soup

Easy In-A-Minute G-F Split Pea Soup

It's almost fall here in OK and the heat has lessened some.  SOUP CALLS and so does my sister who wants this recipe.  There you go KaReen.
______________________

I love split pea soup, but I want it NOW!  Delayed gratification works with food too and I want soup fast and easy.  Grinding grains in my flour mill or in my fav. Blendtec makes split pea soup quick.  Be careful and trade out your grain grinding so the beans won't burn up your machine.  2 cups beans then 2 cups of a gentler grain.

reposted from 3-17-08

Okay, so it's green!!! Really Green!!!! 







Ha! I Got It! The boys (who until lately, were of the opinion that green food should only be photographed, never eaten) loved it! They slurped it up first on Halloween, when I was hoping for something, at least one thing substantial in their bellies before the T or T and I had to whip up more.

Fortunately, that only took two minutes! TWO MINUTE SOUP that they love and isn't prefab? WOW!

2 cups water or chicken broth
3 Tbs. Green Split Pea powder (made by blending or grinding up split peas into a fine flour)
1 T. onion flakes
1 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt (or some such brand)
1/4 cup Hormel's bacon (already cooked and flaked, I keep it in the freezer to toss in stuff)
1/4 cup heavy cream (or nondairy creamer)

Mix all dry ingredients (except split pea powder) with water and bring to a boil. Whisk in powder and allow to simmer for two minutes--add cream and serve.

DELICIOUS I'm not kidding!

Tips:  Make sure you have ground the peas thoroughly.  Shards of peas take forever to cook.

YUM!

Happy St. Patricks Day!


No comments: