Monday, September 22

Yogurt

Got Milk Issues?

I made my best experimental yogurt yet! And in spite of forgetting it and overprocessing it (9 hours), it turned out great! Once again, reaffirming to me that dumb animals are watched over.

I measured out enough milk to fill my old yogurt container (about 2 cups), poured it into a saucepan, sprinkled 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin over it and waited five minutes. I heated and stirred the mixture to a near boil and kept it at 180 degrees on low heat for 10 minutes. (as per instructions below).

I then added 4 TBS (1/4 cup) powdered milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 cup plain yogurt.

I put it into my yogurt maker (Salton 1 qt, Amazon.com) and left it for 9 hours. (That is not recommended).

It turned out great, and tasted wonderful. My family loved it and it didn't separate or thin after a day or two.

Yum! Try making yogurt.

No comments: