Monday, December 16

GF Twix Cookies

Shortbread Cookies
  • ½ cups butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cup cup g-f flour
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • ¼ teaspoon salt

Caramel Layer
  • 15 oz of caramels (like Kraft)  I melted six of my caramels I make for Christmas.
  • 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk

Chocolate layer
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons shortening


Mix up cookie dough adding flour until just not sticky, form balls, place on cookie sheet atop parchment paper.  It does work well to keep them from sticking after baking.  Bake at 350, 10-12 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned.  

Cool cookies swirl melted caramel atop and cool again.  Melt chocolate chips with shortening in microwave stirring often.  Swirl over cooled cookies.

WOW really tasted authentic.  I ate more than I should have.


 

No comments: