Friday, November 21

Green Smoothie Muffins

Thumbs Up!  Ultra healthy, veggie filled breakfast muffin that tastes like a red velvet cupcake!   This recipe passed the taste testers, my Shakespeare homeschool class.  There is one student who always asks dubiously "Is It Gluten-free."  

"Yes," I reply.  "It always is, has been, will be."  "That's what you are here for, my test subjects."

The rest of the youth just say, "ShuT Up and Eat fast.  Sometimes we Get TwO!


This week was yum.    

This is just my standard muffin recipe,  I mix the dry, add the wet, dump in greased mini-muffin pans, bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.  Gobble up.  Always gone by nightfall.

1 1/2 cup g-f flour (I always use my healthier grain mix)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon guar gum
1 teaspoon spices (cinnamon today)
dash of salt
1/2 cup  chocolate chips (today, white chocolate--optional)

Mix wet ingredients in a 2 cup measure:

2-3 tablespoons oil (coconut, or vegetable, It's a glug.)
1 egg
1/2 cup fruit sauce(apple sauce, prune sauce, pumpkin, today it was Fruit SMOOTHIE)
1/3 cup honey
Milk up to the two cup mark (almond, rice, soy-- whatever milk)

It's really easy and makes 24 mini muffins.




No comments: